Heartland Soccer Association
Marketing/Sports Management Internships
Sports Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Business, Journalism and Marketing, or Sports Management (other degrees/majors also considered).
About Heartland Soccer
Heartland Soccer Association is a (501c3) non-profit organization which creates beneficial partnerships with businesses and organizations throughout the KC Metro to support the largest soccer league in the nation. Heartland Soccer Association is seeking to hire aspiring college students looking to gain experience in business, advertising, marketing, sales and sport and event management in Kansas City and the surrounding area.
The intern will be provided with experience in all areas of management of a Youth Sports Program and should have strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). He / She should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, driven environment. He / She will be required to assist in various tasks and in all facets of the organization.
- Online outreach and promotion using email, website and social media
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Communicate via email, phone, and in-person with business owners and marketing specialists in the community Create digital marketing materials
- Participate in volunteer coordination, office duties, tournaments, special events, and projects
Complete office duties
- Administration of League and Tournaments
- Establishing/Assisting with community partnerships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience
The ability to work on their own and with others is essential and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Internship is an unpaid position
All internships must be through an accredited university or college. The internships are coordinated through the schools and have the potential to be considered for credit hours (based on your school’s approval and requirements) Intern Positions available for the Fall and/or Spring Semesters as well as the Summer Hours 15-30 Per week.