Referees Code of Ethics
- I will always maintain the utmost respect for the game of soccer.
- I will conduct myself honorably at all times and maintain the dignity of my position.
- I will always honor an assignment or any other contractual obligation.
- I will attend training meetings and clinics so as to know the Laws of the Game, their proper interpretation and their application.
- I will always strive to achieve maximum teamwork with any fellow officials.
- I will be loyal to my fellow officials and never knowingly promote criticism of them.
- I will be in good physical condition.
- I will control the players effectively by being courteous and considerate without sacrificing fairness.
- I will do my utmost to assist my fellow officials to better themselves and their work.
- I will not make statements about any games except to clarify an interpretation of the FIFA Laws of the Game.
- I will not discriminate against nor take undue advantage of any individual group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
I consider it a privilege to be a part of the United States Soccer Federation and my actions will reflect credit upon that organization and its affiliates.
I agree to not criticize or make any negative comment on or through social media or online regarding an opposing team, coach, player, referee, staff member or soccer community related issue. We understand there are direct methods and channels (phone, email, in-person, website forms) for feedback and communication to HSA and KSYSA and will always use these channels to communicate.