Careers & Jobs
Join the Heartland Team
Position: Philanthropy Director
- Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect
- Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts, events, and new incremental revenue
- Develops donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Personally, solicits assigned donors through face to face visits, electronic and printed communications, including preparation of personalized materials as well as all follow up materials/reporting
- Oversees event committees and serve as the lead in planning and executing numerous successful events that identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue. Serves as primary fundraiser for event sponsorships
- Maintains accurate records by tracking contacts, continuously updating donor information in the Foundation database following donor contacts. Develops detailed event budgets and closely monitors expense and revenue transactions, providing reports as needed or required for assigned events or programs
- Works with Board members and other organizational leaders to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors and to evaluate and segment the list for appropriate levels of giving.
- Listens to the needs of individuals or corporations’ and aligns programs to their interests, preparing grant proposals, and engaging foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support for our healthy athletes initiative and to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Develops and implements annual giving campaigns and programs, markets programs via variety of electronic and print media, evaluates fund raising program effectiveness, attends events for cultivation and coordinates annual renewal and upgrade efforts, and prepares reports on each program as required
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Level of Education
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or master degree
Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in non-profit development/fund raising, finance, event management/planning, and customer service
Six (6) months functioning successfully at a coordinator level or higher.
Preferred Experience: Philanthropy and fundraising responsibility
Compensation: To be determined for specific qualified candidate
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Description: Heartland is one of the largest leagues in the United States and is currently contracting new and experienced certified referees. Refereeing is a great way to be involved in soccer in a positive way and earn additional money.
Join the referee pool for Heartland Soccer Association by attending a certification class. All referees at must be certified through the State Referee Association.
For younger referees, we have a Referee Development Academy (RDA) to help the learning and development process. For more information, please refer to the RDA section of the Heartland website.
We encourage existing players to become certified referees. If you currently are playing, we work to accommodate your team schedule.
To certify in Kansas classes can be found at www.kansasreferee.org
To certify in Missouri classes can be found at www.mrdp.org
If you have any questions, please email our assignor at [email protected]
Compensation: Referee Pay Scale
Call us at 913-888-8768 for more details.
All referees are engaged as independent contractors for games.
Position: Special Events Manager
Description: We are looking for a competent Event manager to oversee and organize special events that will make an impact on our soccer community. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands operations and can manage both people and tasks. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Compensation: $15.00 hour
Special Events Manager
- Plan events (Fashion Show, Awards Gala, 5k Run) from start to finish according to requirements, and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Be in charge of hiring personnel
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead corporate fundraising activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong sense for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
This is seasonal, part time position, independent contractor position.
$15 an hour and bonus related to fund raising per event.
Please email your resume to [email protected] .