Heartland is one of the largest leagues in the United States and is currently contracting new and experienced certified referees. Refereeing is a great way to be involved in soccer in a positive way and earn additional money.
Join the referee pool for Heartland Soccer Association by attending a certification class. All referees at must be certified through the State Referee Association.
For younger referees, we have a Referee Development Academy (RDA) to help the learning and development process. For more information, please refer to the RDA section of the Heartland website.
We encourage existing players to become certified referees. If you currently are playing, we work to accommodate your team schedule.
To certify in Kansas classes can be found at
Call us at 913-888-8768 for more details.
All referees are engaged as independent contractors for games.
Description: Kansas Youth Soccer Executive Director
The Executive Director is a full-time position for Kansas State Youth Soccer Association (KSYSA). KSYSA is a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) state-governing youth soccer body for the State of Kansas. KSYSA is an affiliate member of the US Soccer Federation and United States Youth Soccer Association. KSYSA has a current membership of over 28,000 registered youth players. The Executive Director will provide leadership and oversight for office operations, member services and report to KSYSA the Board of Directors.
Supervisor: KSYSA Board of Directors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: KSYSA Office Staff
- Direct authority for hiring, terminating, managing, and supervising the staff of KSYSA
- The Executive Director will be responsible for updating the HR policy manual for board approval
- Responsible for the development of training sessions and update personnel on skills needed to maintain andincrease the quality and quantity of KSYSA operations
- Implements KSYSA Business Plan within the policies and procedures established by the Board ofDirectors
- Investigates all grievances or complaints submitted to KSYSA, present findings and makesrecommendation as necessary
- In association with the KSYSA Treasurer, responsible for developing an annual budget, implementation ofthe budget and monitoring of all monies throughout the year
- Acts as point of contact for risk management with US Youth Soccer and USSF
- Identifies member needs and with the Board of Directors implements programing to meet those needs.
- Provides guidance and resource to KSYSA members clubs and associations
- Assist members in questions of discipline, risk management, coach and/or player issues.
- Collaborates with the BOD on all legal matters for appropriate action
- Ensures KSYSA compliance with affiliated soccer governing bodies (USYS, USSF, and FIFA)constitution, bylaws, policies and procedures
- Ensures that all regulatory and compliance reporting deadlines are meet (non-profit status, financial, etc.)
- Coordinates fundraising and sponsorship activities
- Oversees public relations, marketing, and program outreach activities to promote KSYSA
- Attends BOD meetings, committee meetings, regional and national meetings
- Assists with all sponsored KSYSA tournaments i.e. State Cup, President’s Cup, etc.
- Fulfills all other tasks as assigned to accomplish the goals of KSYSARequirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and motivational skills
- Must have high attention to detail and the ability to manage several on-going tasks